Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Getting Creative

Since finishing another edit on a manuscript, which I recently sent off to my agent, I put the fiction writing process to one side and decided to get back to some song writing.

Photo by Dayne Topkin on Unsplash


A couple of posts ago I put up a link to an album collection of some of my old songs. It's been a long time since I added a song to my discography. My last recorded songs were written around 2014. I have had a few song ideas and recorded some rough demos since then, but I hadn't hit on anything I was happy with.

I've been so busy writing fiction that my musical pursuits have been limited to gigging and conducting my choir (but not since #lockdown) and giving singing lessons (now only on #Zoom). Don't get me wrong, I love all of these but it's so satisfying to have composed a song that you really feel and enjoy.

Yesterday I recorded the video of Give Me Time, my latest song. I could pretend I was a rock star for the day🤭. It was really good fun and I'm looking forward to video editing and mixing the recording. I'll post the results, hopefully soon, here. Let's see how it turns out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Please leave a comment below.